Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Love Thyself!


‘Love thyself’ was what I’d heard
And then within me some emotions stirred.

I started with vanity and the mirror was my friend
Even the slightest obstruction then, became a fiend.

The fingers tossed the hair by opening a bun
And each strand of hair got individual attention.

The eyes fluttered like never before
And the nose was brushed for opening every pore.

The lips went into a pout and the neck craned
Showing my collar bones and nerves a bit strained.

And I moved from left to right to check the best suited profile
But clicking snaps just that way was considered to be vile.

For jealous is the world of outer beauty
And somehow considers holy worshipping inner beauty.

I told myself, “It’s not a paunch
I just had dinner”, I was staunch.

My legs are thinner (when compared to hers)
I convinced myself in a sentence pretty terse.

“And Oh my fingers look pretty when painted
The broken and chipped nails leave it tainted”…

Well, intelligent I am, do you know not?
I remember the ABCD’s that long ago were taught.

And I am neither silly nor sissy like her, boss!
Who got back to her ex by keeping the same reply to either side of the toss.

O beauty with brains personified is me
Do I need to clarify? Do you not see?

My smile is the prettiest, it glitters my eyes
It’s the most enduring thing. It never dies.

Have you seen me dance? I wriggle and gyrate so well!
Item numbers are such a waste… Watch me revel!

No one matches up to me someone really special I want.
O I’m so perfect! Just one on the shelf…
And immediately someone came and said, “Great! Go F*** yourself!”

No comments:

Post a Comment